1. How do I increase the screen brightness?
1. Drag your finger down from the top of the device to the middle of the screen.
2. A menu should slide down.
3. On the top right of the menu there is a vertical rectangle with a sun
4. Place your finger on the rectangle and slide your finger up to increase brightness
2. How can I lock the brightness?
1. Open your device “Settings” (it is a grey icon with circular gears inside)
2. Scroll down on the left menu till you see “Display & Brightness” tap those words
3. A menu will appear on the top right
4. Press the white circle and drag it where it is most comfortable, we recommend a bit higher that you’re comfortable with.
5. Once you are happy with the brightness level, find the words saying “Auto-Brightness.”
6. On the right side of the “Auto-Brightness” area find a green switch button.
7. Tap the switch.
8. Now the device brightness is locked.
3. I keep bringing up the control center menu by accident. Can I disable the control center?
1. Yes you can by following the below directions.
2. Exit the Ohana App.
3. Open your device “Settings” (it is a grey icon with circular gears inside)
4. Scroll down on the left menu till you see “Display & Brightness” tap those words
4. How can I set the simpler interface for my loved one?
1. In the Ohana App, navigate to settings.
2. Scroll down and select beginner.
3. Choose the one contact you would like your loved one to be able to call.
4. Tap save.
5. That one contact is not now visible on the screen and can be called with a single tap.
5. Can I add family members that use Android?
Not yet, we would love to support Android at some point, but we don't have that expertise on our small team.
6. How do I see the pictures people have sent me?
1. There are two ways to see the photos you have received.
2. You can find the received photos in the Ohana Photos in the Photos section of the app
3. Inside the message tab you can select a contact to view your message history. When you tap a photo it will appear in fullscreen and you can see all photos in the contact chat.
4. What happens to the photos people send to me?
7. What happens to the photos people send to me?
All the photos you receive are automatically saved to the “Ohana Photos” album on your iPad. You can find these pictures in the “Photos” section of Ohana.
8. How do you make money if the app is free?
We created this to connect with our grandparents and older loved ones. We've been amazed by the incredible people all over the world like yourself who have used Ohana to finally connect with your older loved ones. Our objective is make it as easy as possible for families to communicate, making it free doesn't cost us much and means hundreds of families around the world can easily stay in touch.
9. I logged out of my account...now what?
This might sound crazy...especially when we made a log out button....but it'll be easier to just create a new account and add the family back. We haven't had a chance to add the log in button yet. It's on the list, but we're a small part time team and haven't been able to get to it yet.